Freedom Through Dance transforms the lives of those challenged by physical disabilities to find their
own freedom of expression, and new levels of social interaction, through the art of ballroom dance.
The specific purposes and objectives of FTDF include:
- To introduce those challenged with physical disabilities to the possibilities and benefits of ballroom dance and to assist them in setting and achieving their ballroom dance goals;
- To connect students with qualified professional ballroom dance studios and instructors;
- To provide financial assistance to persons with disabilities for ballroom dance lessons, shows, and competitions;
- To have an active presence in the disabled community in which we serve to offer and conduct education and outreach programs.
Freedom Through Dance is more than a foundation, it’s a roadway to hope for those who have yet to experience the joy and freedom of ballroom dance.
– Lindsey Dechant, Founder and President